What Is Chiropractic Massage Therapy?
Chiropractic massage therapy is a form of treatment that combines the healing powers of both massage and chiropractic techniques. Doing so provides more comprehensive care than either does alone.
The body is made up of both hard and soft tissues that interact with and support one another. In your back, for example, the spine and muscles work together to keep you upright. Your bones help hold up the body while the muscles help to hold the bones up. For the body to work as it is intended, both hard and soft tissues need to be in optimal condition.
This is where chiropractic massage therapy shines. Chiropractic treatment focuses on the joints and hard tissues while massage therapy focuses on the soft tissues, ensuring that all of these essential components are being cared for.
Receiving a massage loosens tight muscles and stimulates circulation. This improves the function of the muscles while also providing the chiropractor with greater access to the bones and joints of the back, allowing for a more successful spinal manipulation.
Benefits of Chiropractic Massage Therapy in Kent
Both chiropractic care and massage therapy provide great health benefits. When combined, the results can be incredible. Some of these benefits include:
- The muscles and tendons are loosened, improving circulation throughout the body. This helps the body function better regularly and promotes healing.
- Your lymphatic system is stimulated, which results in eliminating toxins from your body and improving your immunity.
- Loosened muscles and an aligned spine improve flexibility and range of motion, improving body function, and making daily life easier.
- The body releases endorphins, or the “happy hormone.” This can improve your mood for days and weeks to come.
- Relaxed muscles and an improved mood lead to better sleep, reduced fatigue, and better overall health.
- Chiropractic massage therapy is a holistic form of pain relief without surgery or medication.
Conditions It Treats
Some of the most common conditions that chiropractic massage therapy treats are:
- Back pain
- Joint trouble, such as arthritis
- Pinched nerves
Your chiropractor will create an individualized treatment plan to provide the best possible care for you.
Prioritize Your Health With Chiropractic Massage Therapy in Kent Today
Pain does not have to be a lifelong companion. Whether you have recently injured yourself or have been suffering for years, chiropractic massage therapy can help you reach the pain-free quality of life that you have been dreaming of. For more information on chiropractic massage therapy, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (253) 839-2225. You may also request an appointment online.